How Guests Can Ruin Your AirBNB With Toilet Paper
AirBNB can be a great way to make extra money, but it’s important to be aware of the risks. Guests can be destructive, and toilet paper is one of their favorite weapons.
Here are three ways that guests can ruin your AirBNB with toilet paper:
- They can steal it all. AirBNB’s rules state that guests can use any consumable item in the rental, including toilet paper. This means that guests can legally take all of your toilet paper, even if you leave a full supply for them.
- They can clog your plumbing. Guests who are not familiar with your plumbing system may not know how much toilet paper can be flushed at once. This can lead to clogs, which can be expensive to repair.
- They can TP your home. TPing is a classic prank, but it can be destructive if it’s done to your AirBNB. Wet toilet paper is difficult to remove, and it can leave behind a sticky residue.
If you’re concerned about guests damaging your AirBNB with toilet paper, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself:
- Keep a limited supply of toilet paper on hand. This will make it less attractive for guests to steal.
- Install a toilet paper dispenser with a sensor. This will prevent guests from overusing toilet paper.
- Have a conversation with your guests about how to use the toilet paper responsibly. Explain that clogging the plumbing or TPing the home will result in a fee.
By taking these steps, you can help to protect your AirBNB from toilet paper-related damage.